The English Reserve is a rarity: a single-vineyard, Traditional Method, English Sparkling Demi-Sec. This ambrosial fizz tingles with tiny lemon sherbet bubbles. As you’d expect, it has perfect equipoise and is delightful with wedding cake or fruity puddings. We also think its delicious it with our favourite cheeses. Its called the ‘English Reserve’ because that is what we English are famous for. Its rather good, just don’t go making a fuss about it.
Matthew Jukes in the Daily Mail: ‘a stunning off-dry fizz with serious class and intrigue. There is not as much sweetness as you might expect and this means that you could drink it as a ravishingly moreish aperitif, too!’
Jonathan Ray ‘The Field’: ‘With pudding, one of my fellow guests opened a bottle of new Ambriel English Reserve, a demi-sec Sparkling wine from Sussex. It was spectacular: toasty and yet creamy and superb with the pud. Quite daring to buy a sweet English wine but it was spot on, revealing the guest to be a risk-taking, opinion-former of style and sound judgment.’
Damian Barr ‘Sunday Times Magazine’: ‘This daring choice froths with tiny bubbles of rhubarb and sherbet’ ‘Remember, every time you raise a glass, an angel gets its wings’
Grape varietal blend: 100% Pinot Noir
Harvest date: October 2015
Bottling date: 17th May 2016
Disgorging date: 10th June 2019
Time on the bottle lees: over 3 Years (37 Months)
As with all wines, our wines contain sulphites
Delivery and quality guarantee
- We deliver to GB mainland postal addresses. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like delivery to a postal address outside the GB mainland.
- Our charges for delivery are as follows:
– For one or more cases of 6 bottles: Free delivery
– For an order for 1 – 5 bottles, a flat charge of £5 including VAT.
Any delivery charge will be shown on the checkout page. If delivery charges cannot be calculated in advance we will communicate with you and agree in advance the appropriate delivery charges before the contract is concluded.
- We normally deliver Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm. – Delivery will usually be made within a few days but we will contact you in the event of a delay. If you are not in at the time of delivery, our delivery agents will leave a delivery card for you to contact him and arrange a more convenient delivery time.
QUALITY AND CONDITION
- It is our responsibility to supply you with goods that meet your consumer rights. If you have any concerns that we have not met our legal obligations please contact us.
- If any of the bottles in your case arrive damaged, please let us know within 48 hours of delivery. We will collect the breakage and issue you with a replacement or refund the cost, whichever you would prefer.